Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Assassin's Creed (PS3)

I bought this a couple of months ago, as my University course ended, in the hope of playing it in the summer holidays. However, it was not until recently that I actually got around to playing it.

The world

This game is based in the Middle East, in the Crusader Period and you are an Assassin. The game's quests are quite simple- usually culminating in you killing one of the Templars. The simplicity of these quests doesn't annoy me, as there is plenty to do in Assassin's Creed- such as helping civilians, flag fetching (I'm deadly serious) and killing guards for the hell of it.




The Assassin's story

Altair is the main character of this game. He starts off as a high-ranking Assassin, but various things he does led to him being stripped of his rank and he then has to kill Templars in order to restore it.

I hate Altair. That's the truth. I think the main issue I have with him is that he takes a million years to actually go UP a ledge, no matter how hard I push that analogue stick! However, this is probably because this is the first game of a series, so the controls may not have been very refined.

My overall thoughts

This is quite a good game, considering its age. My friend played this too and she'd played number 2 first, so she got more annoyed with Altair than I did, because apparently Ezio controls much more fluidly. I'd say that this is one of those games that you'll either like or loathe- and I rather liked it, even with Altair's apparent inability to go UP sometimes!

MmRed


No comments: